Healthwatch Newham Priorities for Next 12 Months
We are currently considering our priorities for the next 12 months. We would find it very helpful to hear from you on your experiences of health and social care services. We produce reports and recommendations from our projects which we then present to the health service and Council commissioners and Directors for their response.
What is working well or is a challenge for you? Do you think there are particular areas in which Healthwatch needs to undertake an in-depth review? Please let us know! We are talking to local people, the charities and community groups that are part of our Advisory Board, and other forums about our future projects. We also liaise with the Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), Newham Council and other services.
Currently, we plan to listen and act on local people’s experiences of the following areas:
- Young people’s experiences of services, including mental health.
- Liaison with people who are Deaf, deaf or have hearing impairments and their experience of using GP and hospital services.
- Views of people that may be newly arrived in the Borough, including Eastern European people.
- How different communities experience and use services, including Black, Asian and other minority ethnic people and Newham’s Roma community.
- Enter and View visits to small residential homes or small supported living homes. These residents may be isolated or may not find it easy to tell others their views.
- Work with the CCG to support people to get involved with the Sustainability and Transformation Plan.
We are very keen to hear if you agree with this. Do you have other experiences or thoughts about priorities or areas for future projects? If so, please do let us know by email at email@example.com or telephone 020 3598 6414 or use our online form.